Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Serendipity

Serendipity was originally a fictional place where everything turned out for the best. Real life is not like that. We all have failures and even real tragedies from time to time.

Things can seem to happen serendipitiously, however, if you keep grabbing any opportunities that come along. like Ning social networks , for example.

Without actually realising it, I was already a member of a couple of Ning SN's when I clicked on the hot spot for "Create your own social network"a few weeks ago. Honestly, I was mainly motivated by curiosity and an urge to explore possibilities. I also had a hunch that maybe, just maybe, a social network focused on the Arts in and around my home town might help local people find local, up-to-date Arts-related information on the Net. So I created Arts Toowoomba.

As a result, the past few weeks since then have been rather busy as well as exciting . Getting focused on other people, however, rather than myself, has somehow turned to my benefit. My starting my own social network has surprised and impressed some of my older friends and even relatives, particularly my very savvy darling daughter.

I have also made some new friends (about 25 so far) including ones that tell me Arts Toowoomba is exactly what they have been seeking for a long time.

Last but not least, one of the local television people is planning to feature Arts Toowoomba and one of its members in her Arts segment later this month. Maybe the Green's slogan "Think globally, act locally " actually works.

And all this is happening while I have been working madly on my first "one-man" show. Who knows what will happen next!

1 comment:

Des H said...

Update: There are now over 60 memmbers in Arts Toowoomba